van der Woerd & Associates has completed hundreds of successful projects for both the public and private sector in the fields of planning, engineering and surveying since its establishment in 1989.
Our wide experience levels and the team approach we take to completing assignments allows us to provide excellent advice, design and project management to complete your project on time and on budget.
Put to work our engineering project management experience.
We have the equipment and staff to take your project from green field with our legal and topographic survey experience, through the planning and environmental processes and on to design and construction.
- Project Management
- Project Design Development and Feasibility
- Zoning Approvals
- Project Costing and Cash-flow Forecasts
- Detailed Design of Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, and Site Engineering
- Negotiations with Government and Stakeholders
- Building Permit
- Value Engineering and Cost Control
- Cash-flow Forecasting
- Construction Management
- Logistics, Supervision, Materials, Progress Certification, Quality Control, Project Safety
- Commissioning and hand-over to the client
- Storm Water Management (SWM)
- Municipal Engineering
- Land Development
- Transportation/Road Design
- Environmental Assessments
- Water and Wastewater Engineering
- Feasibility Studies
- Preliminary Engineering Reports
- Draft Plans, Rezoning, Land Division
Engineering Services for Construction Sites
- Contract Administration
- Contract Inspection
- Construction Survey Layout
- Topographic Surveys
We believe communication and co-operation is key to successful relationships because it allows us to fully understand your needs and to meet the project goals that you have in mind.
We are proud of our working relationships with clients, regulatory authorities and with each other as a team.
van der Woerd & Associates is proud of its achievements in implementing projects through to completion. We have experienced and competent staff for contract management and construction surveying that ensures quality control for both financial and physical aspects of the job.
Our in-house Project Management, Engineering Design and Contract Administration capabilities provide flexibility and ensure minimal cross-communication. Our experience in Reconstruction Projects and Peer Reviews in dealing with authorities, residents and other stakeholders will compliment your staff to advance your projects.
We perform well with partners and understand various roles of Client, Consultant, Government, and Contractor.
The company holds the following Professional Memberships:
- Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO) (Certificate of Authorization)
- American Public Works Association (APW)
- 1989 – specialized in Municipal Design and Land Development Engineering
- 1998 – surveying and planning were added to the firm
- 1998 – founded Linden Homes, developed several condominium and town-home projects
- 2011 – entered into a Project Management contract to design and construct a 148 unit Seniors’ apartment building in Burlington.
Health and Safety
Our firm has an active Health and Safety Program. We have an in house safety committee which meets regularly and keeps personnel current on Health and safety policies/procedures, laws, and relevant guidelines.
We discuss the OHSA recommendations at our meetings, evaluate how we are working, and collect suggestions to improve. The OHSA construction handbook is circulated to all personnel for reading and copies are kept in the office and with the field staff. Advice is sought from professional when the need arises.
Meeting minutes are posted publicly in our office. We discuss construction safety at field meetings and formally prepared Traffic Safety Plans for reconstruction projects.